Meals on Wheels is a community outreach service that provides low cost nutritious meals to eligible seniors and adults with disabilities.
This service is offered to individuals who are unable to prepare adequate meals. Meals are provided by select long-term care facilities in the region. Meal service and delivery is coordinated through the Canadian Red Cross and select long-term care facilities.
The goals of the program are to:
- improved nutrition;
- provide regular social contact through meal delivery; and to
- support recipients to remain comfortable and independent in their own home.
How to access services
The Meals on Wheels program for St. John’s and Mt. Pearl are coordinated and delivered by the Canadian Red Cross. For more information in these areas, please contact the Canadian Red Cross.
Meals on Wheels locations
- Carbonear: Private Josiah Squibb Memorial Pavilion
- Grand Bank: Blue Crest Nursing Home
- Bonavista: Bonavista Community Health
Dietary restrictions, such as diabetic or gluten free diet, and food consistencies, such as chopped or pureed food, may be accommodated. Please call your appropriate location to find out more information.
Meal delivery days and times, as well as cost of meals, vary by location.
Meals costs vary by location.