At Eastern Health Long-Term Care, we have practices to help us assess resident’s skin and associated care needs on a regular basis.
These may include:
- Risk assessments on admission and at routine intervals;
- Daily skin inspections;
- Skin care including: turning, repositioning and using moisturizers and protective creams;
- Specialized equipment and more frequent assessments by the care team if you are high risk;
- Nutrition assessments by a registered dietitian;
- Consultation by the Clinical Nurse Specialist as an expert in wound prevention/management as required.