Adult Day Program
The Adult Day Program is designed for seniors 65 years of age and above, who have limited access to social or recreational opportunities, and who would benefit from the range of services offered. The goal of the program is:
- to provide seniors with an opportunity to interact with peers, engage in social/recreational activities and receive needed care and support services;
- help seniors maintain their independence and stay in their own homes longer.
The program is offered 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in a safe, supportive and cheerful environment. Most participants attend one to two days a week. There are 20 spaces available each day.
Respite Day Program
The Respite Day Program is designed to meet the needs of seniors who have moderate dementia or impaired social functioning. The participants in this program generally require more assistance and supervision than participants of the Adult Day Program. The goal of this program is:
- to provide seniors with an opportunity to interact with peers, engage in social/recreational activities and receive needed care and support services; and
- to give caregivers a much-needed break from their caregiving role and attend to their personal needs.
The Respite Day Program is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There 20 spaces available each day.
Services provided to both programs
- Minimal assistance with personal care such as toileting (cues/supervision)
- Nutritious meals that accommodate special diets
- Planned recreational and social activities
- Transportation may be available if person qualifies
The Adult Day Program and Respite Care Program are offered at Saint Luke’s Homes.
Saint Luke’s Homes
24 Road Deluxe
St. John’s, NL A1E 5Z3
For more information on the admission criteria and application process, please contact our Adult Day Program Coordinator, Krista Domino at 709-752-8916 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of operation
Adult Day Program: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Respite Day Program: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to access services
Referrals or requests for program information can come from professionals or seniors/family members. The program coordinator or respite program nurse screen referrals and complete pre-admission assessments. All participants require a medical prior to admission to either program.
For more information on the Day Program admission criteria and application process, please contact our adult day program coordinator, Krista Domino at 709-752-8916.
For the Respite Day Program, we offer a secure location so clients that wander and pace can be accommodated.